This Applesauce Bake is easy to make, and with just five ingredients! You can serve it warm with ice cream, at room temperature with tea, or it's even delish right out of the fridge!
Sweet and buttery, with a texture similar to a fantastic bread pudding, this is a perfect comfort dessert to serve any season.
Tip: If you bring it to a party, make a double batch!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 20 ounces of your favorite applesauce
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 eggs
- 5 pieces of white bread torn into pieces (leftover hot dog or hamburger rolls work as well)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the torn bread in the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Add all other ingredients to a food processor and pulse just until the butter is broken into small pieces (about 3-5 quick pulses).
- Pour over bread and bake for 60 minutes,
Easy-peasy and completely delicious! Hope you enjoy!
Charlotte Linde is the publisher of Macaroni KID EATS! and Macaroni KID Cedar Rapids, Iowa.